READINGS, PERFORMANCE, MUSIC
& VISUAL ARTS
Daniel Bratton and Carol Williams moved to their old stone house on the banks of the Grand River in what was then Pilkington Township, outside Elora, Ontario, in 1984.
In 2011, upon returning to Canada after several years in Japan, they acted upon their vision of creating an international poetry centre, using as a focal point Beaver House, an 1832 log house from Puslinch Township that they had moved to the property in the late 1980’s. Beaver House was later discovered to have been part of the Canadian Underground Railroad.
The Elora Poetry Centre & Gallery holds a collection of literary memorabilia, including collaborative works of art, and hosts poetry readings, art exhibitions, and music events.
Box 548, Elora, Ontario, Canada NOB lSO firstname.lastname@example.org